Monday, January 30, 2012

Butternut Squash Soup

1 large butternut squash
1 large sweet potato
1.5 cups carrots (chopped and roasted)
4 stalks celery (chopped and roasted)
1 medium sized onion
1 clove garlic
1 red pepper (any color is fine) (chopped and roasted)
Salt, pepper and curry powder to taste
1 T. Ghee
1-1/2 carton Organic Chicken Stock

Here's what I do: Bake the squash and sweet potato at 375 for a little over an hour. Chop all your veggies (except onion), coat with olive oil and roast in oven for about 15 minutes. Watch them closely as they will burn easily. Saute onion in Ghee while veggies are roasting. Once veggies, squash and sweet potato are done, add all remaining ingredients to mixture, mush, and simmer for about an hour.

This is just a basic recipe with a few substitutions and additions. I'm a dumper, so amounts are all approximate. I did find that the key was in the curry powder. It added a TON of flavor. It also helped that I roasted the veggies.

1 comment:

  1. First thing on my list to make next week! Thanks for the share Rob!

    ReplyDelete