Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Ooof.

It's been awile. I mean, a LONG while. Almost four full months since the last time I had an actual workout other than a stroll down the trail. Tonight, I changed that. Took the bull by the horns and joined a gym and had my first workout. Ooof. That's the best word I have to describe how I feel right now. But it's a good ooof. I missed this feeling. I didn't know how much I missed this feeling until I walked into this new group setting and was able to utilize the gifts that God gave me....that's right, "the gift of the vagi." I have this ability to talk to women. They're fun little folks to talk to, actually. I met a lot of new people tonight and it brought back all the feelings I had back in the "glory daze." I think I'm on my way to being hooked again. Which is good. REALLY good!

The instructor, Ken, came over and started squatting with me to "get to know me." I was dying, wishing he'd just go the hell away so I could take a break. The he says to me, "I've been watching you. Were you a wrestler once?  -nope  How about a construction worker?  -no. why?  Well, you have amazing form in your core when we've been doing sit-ups, crunches and planks...not like the other newbies."  My response: "Nah, I'm not new to working out, I'm new to being lazy." Then he says, "make sure you come back to class next week. I'll help you get back on track." That did it...no more breaks. That's what I needed. Someone to help me believe in myself again. I did it once. And I gotta admit, after tonight, I hurt like a motherfucker, but dammit, I'm not gonna quit. I'm going back.

1 comment: