There are so many things completely out of my control, and I really just have to let those things go. This morning I woke up late... REALLY late... this means my children also woke up late which made them crabby. We were running so late we did not have time to eat breakfast at home. I threw some stuff together for us to eat and we rushed out the door. By the time I reached my kids daycare I realized the breakfast that I packed was still sitting on the counter at home. My youngest son instantly started crying because he was tired, hungry and frustrated (oh yeah... I should also mention that he's 2)!! AAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH!! I wanted to cry and throw a fit too, but soon remembered that everyday there are situations in my life that do not go as planned. As I drove to work this morning I just knew the rest of my day was RUINED! Or was it?!? The only thing I can control is my attitude. This morning did not go as planned and I know I will have many more days that do not go as planned, but I will deal with it as best I can and move on. As I entered work today I plastered a (fake) smile on my face, which eventually turned into a true smile ;-) I realized that will face the next challenge in my life as best I can, and if I do that I WIN! How do you control your attitude? How do you move on from a bad day, week or year?
Us momma have all had days like this! You are so right...you can throw in the towel...or give it your best going forward!
ReplyDeleteI had an light bulb moment about this today. In fact my facebook status says "When one door close, another opens!' Just because some thing bad happens, you cant stop life....you need to keep moving forward. And like you said WIN!
So...I had my complete freak out moment last night, which tends to be my immediate response to scary situations, sheer PANIC! I woke up this morning and realized that I really had nothing to panic about. If I did my absolute best and tried hard then I should have nothing to be disappointed in. I fail to look at how far I have come since August, instead I compare myself to others and their strengths. Wrong attitude to have! You can't fail if you go out trying hard!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like a morning at my house, you get in such a hurry you forget things and become crabby, been there. I guarantee that it will happen again and my attitude is the main source of the situation, if it sucks then the situation will suck!
Thanks for the blog, I should've read it yesterday to give myself an attitude check...and checked it at the door!
CPM's post yesterday really hit home for me....my attitude starts out in the morning when I think about how I have to go to a place for 8 hours when I'm really not happy about being there or with some of the people I'm there with. I really have to watch what I say and how I say it or I'm judged as "not on the bus." That type of atmosphere creates a high level of negative anxiety for me....which is why I LOVE seeing the "ladies" at night. My attitude thrives on being around positive people who love to have a good time. THAT is what gets me through the day.
ReplyDeleteI rambled....sorry—multitasking.