Tuesday, April 26, 2011

If you can't be an athlete, please, be an athletic supporter!

Everyone has those people in their lives that inspire them to be greater than they currently are. In the past several weeks I've held a new position: Cheerleader. I've never considered myself a true sports fan, simply because I've never had the interest in watching. But, I gotta tell ya, there is nothing more exhilarating than jumping around, screaming at the top of your lungs and clappin' your hands for friends that are giving their all--sweating, spitting, snotting, swearing--whatever they have to do to get as many lifts, box jumps, double unders, wall balls, etc...to get those points. It's AMAZING to watch their determination during and in the end to witness their accomplishment! Ladies--you know who you are--I've never been more proud to support such outstanding athletes!

2 comments:

  1. Now that's its over...I am quite sad, but on the other end of it I can't tell you how much I have appreciated the screaming, yelling, encouragement and words to help me through these last 7 weeks. It's definitely given me a different perspective on working out. It is also fun to cheer, it's such an adrenaline rush to see amazing athletes excel to greatness. Thanks to my great friends I am lucky to have you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being there to cheer!! When you are getting positive motivation it makes you feel like you can do one more round!! Its been fun!

    ReplyDelete