I didn't really know what I should blog about, I haven't been feeling too inspirational lately, which is definitely shown in my eating habits... :( Hoping the Paleo challenge will help me change my mind.
I am excited to get back into the swing of doing the regular wod's, but am worried that not being around all the hardcore athletes that take CF seriously and to heart will dampen my spirits. I have been surrounded by some amazing people that push themselves to the limits. My new goal that I want to get better at is helping others, not that I am done learning myself, but as I was woding yesterday, there were some people who were walking, not running during the workout. I wanted to yell, politely, at them to get their butt moving. I want to be the cheerleader to others, that I may not even know, but will hopefully get to know, and help motivate them to be great! Motivating others will help motivate me!! I think someone blogged about that recently ;) (you know who you are) There are so many new faces that I don't know and feel it's our job to get to know, we are all there to help everyone not just our group of friends we know and see all the time. I have been bad about not extending my knowledge and my cheerleadingness (I don't think that will get any points on words with friends) to others. I quickly forget how I felt when I was a new member and just learning the ropes and remember all the help I got from people, now it's time for me to extend that olive branch to others. :)
FYI, had no idea where this was going when I started, I just shot from the hip!
Peace!!
Oh YES! This post is music to my ears:-) Great post AMAC
ReplyDeleteCheerleadingness is worth like 100 points!! I love this post!! Time for me to break out of the clicks, and extend myself too- and this is where we will find new inspiration and motivation!! Thanks for the reminder!
ReplyDeleteGreat blog and I agree Amac!! When I'm at the gym, I see so many people I don't really know and I want everybody to feel comfortable coming up to me to chat or ask questions! I love to help people!! When I start partner wods again on Saturday's, I want to be partnered with people I don't know as well (unless it involves rowing... Then I want to be LD's partner). Haha
ReplyDeleteP.S. Loved the friends with words reference
word
ReplyDelete